Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dealing with Setbacks & Making Plans

It's been a rough couple of weeks, y'all. First W was sick, and then I got it (I'm on Day 7 now). Plans for eating and exercise got thrown out the window as I did everything I could to just rest as much as possible and consume whatever didn't sound gross. So I've been subsisting on Sprite and pecan twirls. It hasn't been healthy but it's been what sounded like it wouldn't make me feel worse. Yesterday or the day before, though, I started getting that gross too-sweet taste that comes from that "diet," and decided it was about time to kick it to the curb.

I did get in one swimming workout during Week 2, but calm, relaxing evenings sort of fell by the wayside since I was coughing all night long.

My birthday is Sunday and I have a decidedly unPrimal menu planned - tea sandwiches and cupcakes. I'm going to try and stick to sparkling water for the beverages, which will be my nod to health. I'll strive for more Primal breakfasts over the next few days (eggs or smoothies), and maybe make some salad or stir-fry, but ease into it.

Then at the end of next week I head to the beach for a vacation. It's going to be tricksy to keep it primal there, but here are the plans:

1. Keep breakfast and lunch primal with eggs, fruit, and veggies rather than my typical beach fare of cereal and sandwiches.
2. Walk on the beach every morning and evening.
3. Swim in the pool every day.
4. Spend some time actually out on the beach every day.
5. Find time for at least one strength training workout at some point during the trip, preferably more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment